The benefits of going solar?
So, what are the benefits of a personal solar system?
- Solar Power can save you money – Installing Solar power enables you to generate your own electricity. By using your own electricity rather than buying it from your electricity company, you will save money as every kW/h of electricity you can use from your solar system is a kW/h of electricity you do not have to buy from your electricity company.
- Environmental Benefits – By using electricity generated from solar panels, we reduce the need to generate electricity from fossil fuels like coal and gas which create carbon dioxide (CO2). This can reduce the potential for global warming and can create a more sustainable cleaner energy mix, as long as the solar panels will last a long time.
- Energy Independence – By owning your own Solar system, you have the capacity to create your own electricity. This reduces your reliance on the electricity grid and electricity retailers etc and increases your control over your future electricity needs, expenses and lifestyle especially if you add batteries to your system in the future.
- Property Value – there are increasing studies that show that installing a quality solar system on a home may increase property value. Home buyers are increasingly recognising that a home with quality solar panels installed will have lower electricity costs. http://www.realestate.com.au/news/85-of-aussies-say-solar-panels-boost-property-prices/
- Energy reliability – High quality solar power systems are a reliable power source. The sun rises and sets every day, while the sun shines, solar panels will make electricity. While the weather and the seasons will vary, the amount of electricity that the panels make are predictable. You can also increase the financial benefits of your solar system by changing the times you operate your household appliances. For example, turning your washing machine on as you leave the home in the morning and avoiding washing your clothes at night allows your solar system to power your machine during the day. With the help of lithium-iron batteries, which are becoming more affordable, one can also harvest solar power during the day and use it at night.*
*Article by LG Energy
As a provider and installer of LG Energy solar systems (including LG Chem batteries), Solar Systems Cairns can offer an inspection and personalised quote to help you understand the options and costs available on a new solar system for your home or business.
Contact Elliot at Solar Systems Cairns today on 0400 069 309 for a quote on a solar energy solution to suit your needs.